Tuesday, September 13, 2016

The Prison of Other People's Opinions

A friend with whom I graduated from high school is Buddhist, and he posts regularly on Facebook about thigns for which he is grateful. I enjoy those posts greatly. 

Recently, he posted a link to a short article about being constrained by other people's opinions. It is beautiful, and I am sharing the link, without commentary, in the hope that it will resonate with those who read it and, hopefully, help someone break free from this particular prison. 

3 comments:

DSB said...

Hi. I've been a long time lurker of your blog. Your thinking resonates so strongly with me. I was greatly disappointed when you stopped writing so regularly a year or two ago although I completely understand. I am so glad that you are posting more. Your views are so timely. I realize you don't write for comments or adulation and you might be a little bothered that there isn't more action in the comments section. Please don't take that as a sign that you aren't doing something important and that people aren't reading. Thanks again and keep it up. (Please.)

Papa D said...

Thank you, DSB. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

On my weaker days, I might feel a wish that there were more comments, but you are right that I don't do this for comments, so it's okay.

Patty said...

Thank you for sharing this. I needed it. It reaffirms something that stood out to me in conference- that the only opinion we need to be concerned with is God's opinion of us.